1. Increase in betting options: With the growing popularity of eSports, there will be a wider range of betting options available for tournaments, including more specific bets on players, teams, and game outcomes.
2. Live betting: Live betting is becoming more popular in eSports, allowing users to place bets during the ongoing tournament or match. This adds a new level of excitement and engagement for bettors.
3. Integration with streaming platforms: eSports betting platforms are increasingly integrating with popular streaming platforms like Twitch, allowing users to watch the matches and place bets simultaneously.
4. Mobile betting: As mobile gaming and eSports continue to rise, mobile betting platforms are becoming more prevalent, allowing bettors to place bets easily and conveniently from their smartphones.
5. Virtual reality betting: With the advancements in virtual reality technology, some platforms are exploring the potential for virtual reality betting experiences, where users can watch and bet on matches in immersive virtual environments.
6. Blockchain-based betting: Blockchain technology has the potential to provide transparent and secure betting platforms for eSports, ensuring fairness and eliminating potential fraud. This trend is expected to grow in the coming years.
7. Skill-based betting: In addition to traditional betting, there is an emerging trend towards skill-based betting, where users can compete against each other and bet on their own gaming skills in eSports tournaments.
8. In-game items betting: Many eSports games have in-game items with real-world value. Some platforms allow users to bet on these in-game items or trade them with other users, creating a unique form of betting within the eSports ecosystem.
9. Social betting: Social betting platforms are gaining popularity, enabling users to share their bets, strategies, and predictions with friends and other bettors, fostering a sense of community and competition.
10. Regulation and licensing: As the eSports betting industry continues to grow, there will be an increased focus on regulation and licensing to ensure user protection and fair practices. This trend will help establish trust and legitimacy within the industry.